June 21, 2019

JUNE '19 - Daily On Line Edition - DAY 21





How a Single Passage of Scripture Changed Everything About My Life
by HEATHER HOLLEMAN
“And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus …” Ephesians 2:6 (NIV)
For most of my life, I fought to earn a seat at the “table” I thought would finally bring me happiness: the table with the beautiful people, the table with the wealthy and the table of professional success. As a result, I lived in a constant state of comparison and jealousy. Once, I even cried from envy in the church bathroom because another woman told me about her upcoming tropical vacation. She stood there with her well-dressed children in contrast to our thrift-store wardrobe and budget that would keep us home in snowy Pennsylvania.
Jealous questions paraded through my mind: Were we living the wrong life? Was a better life happening somewhere else? Why was I so unhappy? When would I have a seat at the table that would bring me all the life and joy I longed for?
On a summer day as I sat with my Bible and journal, a single passage of Scripture ushered in the most profound transformation of my life and healed the ache in my soul to belong at that table of beauty, wealth or success. In Ephesians 2:6, we read that “God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.” As a writing instructor and lover of vivid verbs, I couldn’t stop staring at the little word seated.
God says we’re already seated with Christ. In other words, we’re already at the table.
A lightning bolt of realization hit me that I did not live like someone who already had a seat at the table. We are seated women. How would a seated woman truly live?
And what about those other “tables” so many of us still long for in life (what I call the three A’s: appearance, affluence and achievement)?
Instead of obsessing over their appearance to gain a seat with the beautiful people, seated women adore Jesus and radiate the beauty of the Lord (found in Psalm 34:5). Instead of chasing affluence, seated women access the riches of God’s kingdom where God promises to meet all our needs (as seen in Philippians 4:19). And instead of exhausting themselves with achievement, seated women abide in Christ and complete the good works God has planned for their lives (which is explained in Ephesians 2:10).
Seated women adore, access and abide.
As I moved deeper into my seated life, I found a quote from a Hayden Planetarium museum guide. Because all the children race into the planetarium to find the best seats in an arena where there are no best seats, the guide must call out, “All seats provide equal viewing of the universe! No matter where you sit, you won’t miss any part of the show!”
I cried with joy when I found this quote. All seats provide equal access to God’s power, provision and presence. No matter where I sit, I won’t miss anything. Now, I celebrate with other women about their glamorous vacations, their beautiful wardrobes and their professional successes. These things represent God’s plan for their seats with Jesus. I have my own seat, with God’s plan for me, and my own special blessings from God. All seats provide equal viewing of the universe.
I take my seat with Jesus, and I love the life He’s given me. I’m already at the Greatest Table with the Greatest King, so my life explodes — not with comparison and jealousy — but with worship and joy as I live seated with Christ.
Lord, help me understand that I already have a seat at the table, fulfilling all my heart’s longings. Thank You that Jesus made a way for me to have this seat. Thank You that You have prepared the good works my life will accomplish. Help me understand my new identity as seated with Christ every day of my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
TRUTH FOR TODAY:
Ephesians 2:8-10, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (NIV)

Today's Devotional Sponsor:



God’s Simple Plan Of Salvation by Pastor Ford Porter

My Friend: I am asking you the most important question of life. Your joy or your sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good you are, nor if you are a church member, but are you saved? Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?
God says in order to go to Heaven, you must be born again. In John 3:7, Jesus said to Nicodemus, “Ye must be born again.”
In the Bible God gives us the plan of how to be born again which means to be saved. His plan is simple! You can be saved today. How?
First, my friend, you must realize you are a sinner. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to death. “For the wages [payment] of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal separation from God in Hell.
“ . . . it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).
But God loved you so much He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, to bear your sin and die in your place. “ . . . He hath made Him [Jesus, Who knew no sin] to be sin for us . . . that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).
Jesus had to shed His blood and die. “For the life of the flesh is in the blood” (Lev. 17:11). “ . . . without shedding of blood is no remission [pardon]” (Hebrews 9:22).
“ . . . God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
Although we cannot understand how, God said my sins and your sins were laid upon Jesus and He died in our place. He became our substitute. It is true. God cannot lie.
My friend, “God . . . commandeth all men everywhere to repent” (Acts 17:30). This repentance is a change of mind that agrees with God that one is a sinner, and also agrees with what Jesus did for us on the Cross.
In Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: “ . . . ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . . .’ ”
Simply believe on Him as the one who bore your sin, died in your place, was buried, and whom God resurrected. His resurrection powerfully assures that the believer can claim everlasting life when Jesus is received as Savior.
“But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name” (John 1:12).
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13).
Whosoever includes you. Shall be saved means not maybe, nor can, but shall be saved.
Surely, you realize you are a sinner. Right now, wherever you are, repenting, lift your heart to God in prayer.
In Luke 18:13, the sinner prayed: “God be merciful to me a sinner.” Just pray: “Oh God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus was my substitute when He died on the Cross. I believe His shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection were for me. I now receive Him as my Savior. I thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation and everlasting life, because of Your merciful grace. Amen.”
Just take God at His word and claim His salvation by faith. Believe, and you will be saved. No church, no lodge, no good works can save you. Remember, God does the saving. All of it!
God’s simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Savior, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.
You say, “Surely, it cannot be that simple.” Yes, that simple! It is scriptural. It is God’s plan. My friend, believe on Jesus and receive Him as Savior today.
If His plan is not perfectly clear, read this tract over and over, without laying it down, until you understand it. Your soul is worth more than all the world.
“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?” (Mark 8:36).
Be sure you are saved. If you lose your soul, you miss Heaven and lose all. Please! Let God save you this very moment.
God’s power will save you, keep you saved, and enable you to live a victorious Christian life. “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).
Do not trust your feelings. They change. Stand on God’s promises. They never change. After you are saved, there are three things to practice daily for spiritual growth:
Pray — you talk to God.
Read your Bible — God talks to you.
Witness — you talk for God.
AFTER you are saved, you should be baptized in obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ as a public testimony of your salvation, and then unite with a Bible-believing church without delay. “Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord . . . .” (2 Timothy 1:8). 
Please note that you DON'T have to be baptized to go to Heaven.  It is a step of obedience for the believer.

“Whosoever therefore shall confess [testify of] Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 10:32).





DAILY SMILE: 

What’s In The Sack? 
Submitted by D-Gellybean 

Two neighbors living in New York’s stockbroker belt were discussing how they had made their respective fortunes. 

One said, “When I came here from Mexico three years ago, all I had was the boots on my feet and a sack on my back. Look at me now: a $10 million house, a $3 million penthouse apartment, three classic cars worth $1 million each, a yacht worth $3 million, and $5 million in the bank.” 

“That’s amazing,” said his neighbor. “Tell me, what was in the sack?” 

“Twenty-four million dollars.”



June 22, 2019: 


The Anointing Word Ministry will be  remembering our beloved mother the late, Sis. Annie Lee Magee on Saturday, June 22, 2019 at 12  noon at St Paul AME Church, 420 Church Street, Bogalusa, LA. The Anointed Word  aim is  to give service that will  bring glory and 
continued honor to Jesus Christ ,our Lord and Savior.. We  focus on reaching out to believers and placing a continued  hope in the lives of all believers.   Rev. Michael Oree will  bring the message and his choir will lead us in praise  songs lifting up the name of Jesus.  We are expecting a blessing! Come witness the power of God and give God the glory ! May God continue to endow you is our prayer. 

June, July and/or August: 

All Area Churches are Invited to place their Up-Coming Events, Revival, Camp Meeting, Bible Book Study, Vacation Bible School, Home Coming, Fifth Saturday/Sunday Event, etc... Any event except regular 
church hours... 

You write what you want to say, please include church address for those that may not know your exact location and send it to the editor... 
Facebook/Messenger to
https://www.facebook.com/Richard.POP.Spurlock...



Peach Cobbler Cheesecake

from Susanrecipe.com
Sorry No Photo...

HOMEMADE YET SIMPLE CHEESECAKE TOPPED WITH PEACH COBBLER FILLING, AND A CRISP CRUMBLE TOPPING!

Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes

Ingredients:

Cheesecake Filling
• 16 oz cream cheese
 1½ cup sugar
 1 tbsp vanilla extract
 ¼ cup cornstarch
 3 large eggs
 ½ cup heavy whipping cream

Crust
 4 1/2 cups Golden Grahams
 2 tbsp Butter
 1 tbsp Ice water
 1 cup White cake mix

Peach Topping
 2 -3 large peaches
 1 cup sugar
 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
 1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
 1 1/2 cup Water
 1 tbsp Butter
 1 tsp Vanilla extract
 2 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch

Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese until it’s nice and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs, 1 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla then mix.
3. Next pour in 1/2 cup heavy cream, and sprinkle in 1/4 cup cornstarch.
4. Mix until everything is well combined then set to the side.
5. Add the Golden Grahams, 2 tbsp butter, and 1 tbsp ice water in the food processor and pulse until they’re small crumbs.
6. Place parchment paper at the bottom of your springform pan, then add in 3/4 of the Golden Grahams mixture.
7. Press down with your fingertips.
8. Bake for 5-10 minutes on 350 F.
9. Remove from the oven, and let cool.
10. Surround the springform pan with foil, then place into a roaster or large pot.
11. Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan, and smooth out.
12. Pour about 1 inch of hot water into the roaster, surrounding the cheesecake.
13. Bake in the oven on 350 F, for 30-35 minutes.
14. Combine the remaining crumbled Golden Grahams with white cake mix, 1 tbsp ice water, and 2 tbsp butter.
15. Mix well.
16. Sprinkle the mixture on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
17. Bake for 5-10 minutes, then crumble, and set to the side.
18. Next add the diced peaches, 1 cup sugar, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and water into a saucepan.
19. Scoop out about a half cup of the water, then sprinkle in 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch, and mix until lump free.
20. Bring the peaches and etc to a boil over medium heat.
21. Pour in the liquid & cornstarch mixture, stir, and turn off the heat. Let cool.
22. Add a small amount of vegetable oil to your fingertips and oil the inner top part of the cheesecake pan (this will prevent the cobbler filling from sticking to the pan).
23. Pour the peach topping on top of the cheesecake.
24. Next sprinkle the crumb topping on top.
25. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

26. Serve and enjoy.





Please Share The Link Below With Your Friends on FaceBook, Twitter and Pinterest...






"Spreading GOD'S WORD, 
One Post At A Time"...

No comments:

Post a Comment