March 4, 2020

March, 2020 - The StarLight News Daily On Line Edition - Day 4



Editor's Note:
Opened this page to discover that I had failed to save today's Devotional to the page and with a short term memory, I have forgotten what was selected today... SO after a little reading of a few Devotionals - I FOUND THIS ONE...
I have to smile, because regardless of what surprises are in store for me in the future, MY LORD always knows what will happen... It is NEVER a SURPRISE to HIM...
Happy Reading,

Richard...

Morning Rough Start 

It has been a less than delightful morning so far. I overslept. That started things out of kilter. I had an appointment to take the van in for service and to put snow tires on. I rushed out the door to find several inches of fresh snow covering everything including our son's car parked behind me in the driveway. 

I brushed his car off and moved it to the street and brushed the van off. While it was warming, I loaded the snow tires then headed out. A few blocks away from home I realized that somewhere along the way I had dropped my cell phone. I turned around and headed back. 

I pulled into the driveway and shut the van off. I looked in and around our son's car ... no cell phone. I looked all around where the van had been parked. Still no phone. I finally found it in the garage. Relieved, I hopped into the van to head out again. It would not start. Now I am waiting the two plus hours for an available tow truck. 

With the extra work and the multi-hour delay to get the van to the shop, it likely will not be finished today. I phoned all the rental car places in town but no one has anything on the lot so when I get back to the house I will be waiting and praying that something comes in because we have a busy day scheduled tomorrow and need wheels. 

On the plus side, waiting for the tow gives me time for the coffee I did not have time for earlier and to get Gleanings written which was delayed because I overslept. It can only get better from here. 

I do not know God's plan for me today. Perhaps He has a divine appointment scheduled for me with the tow truck driver or the car rental agency. All I know is that even in my frustration this morning, all I can do is trust in His plan. As I write those words, I can feel the frustration fading as I give it over to Him. 

Leaving things at His feet is all we can ever do. None of us has the control. We often operate under the illusion that we are in charge, but we cannot even change the weather. We cannot change a thing except for our own attitude. 

Matthew 6:25-34 NIV "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' Or `What shall we drink?' Or `What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. 

Back in the late 1980's Bobby McFerrin had a huge hit acappella song "Don't Worry. Be happy". He almost got it right. I would like to suggest that the lyrics should really be "Don't worry. Trust Jesus." 

I think I will turn the balance of the day back to Father ... where it should have been in the first place. How about you? 

Until next time ... Don't worry. Trust Jesus. 

Kevin Corbin gleanings@gleaningsfromtheword.com


Your Devotional Sponsor:


No comments:

Post a Comment