April 16, 2020

April, 2020 - The StarLight News Daily On Line Edition - Day 16



Faith in Our Great God 

BIBLE MEDITATION: 
“Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:2 

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: 
How do you have faith? You look to Jesus, and faith is produced in your heart. 

You don’t have to work up faith. 

Suppose I needed to cross the Mississippi River and I wasn’t sure whether the bridge could hold me up or not. I could do one of two things. I could stand on the banks of the Mississippi and try to work up enough courage to make myself believe in that bridge, then timorously walk over that bridge. Or I could look at the semi-trucks traveling across the mighty steel and concrete of that bridge, believe, and boldly walk across in faith! In this case, faith is the by-product of seeing the strength of the bridge itself. In the same way, it’s not great faith in God that you need; it is faith in a great God! 

ACTION POINT: 
Attempt something so great in your life today that it is doomed to failure unless God is in it. 


Devotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.



Your Devotional Sponsor:


No comments:

Post a Comment