August 5, 2019

AUGUST '19 - Daily On Line Edition - DAY 5




Get On The Devil’s Nerves 

by shani4jc 

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whine he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8 

In her book, “Seize the Day”, Joyce Meyer says something that has really stuck with me: 

”If the devil isn’t bothering you, then perhaps you are not bothering him.” 

I have been going through a season where the devil seems to be working overtime to get to me. When I read that quote, it gives me some much needed encouragement to keep fighting the fight. Since he seems so worried about knocking me down, I must be up doing something that is getting on his nerves. So, I’m going to just keep on keeping on. I am not going to allow him to deter me from what God has for me to do. Maybe you, too, are going through a period of time in which the devil is on you every moment. If that is the case, then don’t let it get you down. Look into the mirror and smile at yourself and say, “I’m on the devil’s nerves! Yay me!” Then keep on doing whatever it is you’re doing. Don’t let him have any ground. God has big plans for you...don’t let ANYONE or ANYTHING get in your way!



Today's Devotional Sponsor:




How Do I Get in Tune With God?

Proverbs 16:6, “By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.” 

The only way a person can get right with God or be in tune with God is by knowing Him. We get to know Him by putting our faith and trust in what He did for us when He suffered, died, was buried, and rose from the dead to pay for our sins. We are saved by mercy and grace, not through our own goodness. If you never trusted Jesus as your Savior, you should do that today. If you have trusted Christ, be merciful to others. Share the truth of the death burial and resurrection with everyone you come in contact with. 

Beyond that, we should fear God. We should never do anything that would displease Him. Proverbs 16:7 lets us know that if we live to please the Lord we will dwell in peace with men. We need to be faithful to do right no matter what the financial reward, according to verse 8. If I live this way, in the fear of the Lord, to please Him and determining to do what is right, then God will direct my steps. He will use the king (the authorities in my life) to give me direction so that I will stay in His path. 

Your friend, 
David Teis



Kids And Grandkids Love These Classic 
PEANUT BUTTER COCOA NO-BAKE COOKIES!


Ingredients:
•  2 cups white sugar
•  1/2 cup butter
•  1/2 cup milk
•  1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
•  2/3 cup peanut butter
•  3 cups quick cooking oats
•  1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
•  2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions
1.  Place a piece of wax paper or foil on cookie sheet. Combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa in medium saucepan.
2.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to rolling boil.
3.  Remove from heat; cool 1 minute.
4.  Add peanut butter; stir to blend. Add oats, peanuts and vanilla; stir to mix well. Quickly drop mixture by heaping teaspoons onto wax paper or foil. Cool completely. Store in cool, dry place.


DAILY SMILE:


Kids & Canoeing 
A Kid Jokes 
Submitted by Daniel Martindale 

"I thought I told you to keep an eye on your cousin," the mother said. "Where is he?" 

"Well," her son replied thoughtfully, "if he knows as much about canoeing as he thinks he does, he's out canoeing. If he knows as little as I think he does, then he's out swimming." 

No comments:

Post a Comment